You have no items in your shopping cart.
Did You Know?
• CBD is a shortened way of saying the word cannabidiol. Cannabidiol is one of many active ingredients (also called cannabinoids) naturally found in the hemp plant and other cannabis plants.
• Our human bodies, like all mammals produce some cannabinoids of their own called endocannabinoids.
• Whilst endocannabinoids are cannabinoids produced by the human body, phytocannabinoids is the term we use to speak about the cannabinoids derived from plants.
• An endocannabinoid system is a series of receptors located in the brain, central nervous system, and other areas around the body that use the body’s own natural cannabinoids to promote a healthy state of ‘well being’ in us.
• Phytocannabinoids (cannabinoids derived from plants) are very similar to endocannabinoids (cannabinoids produced by the body) and it has been scientifically discovered that some phytocannabinoids like CBD also interacts with our body’s receptors to promote health in our bodies.
• With this discovery, it has been said that phytocannabinoids are an all-natural way to support the human body's own endocannabinoid system.
• Our endocannabinoid system has two types of receptors – CB1, which are mostly located in the brain, as well as in the nerve endings, and CB2, which are found in the immune system and in tissues of the spleen and tonsils.
• Research purports that while the human body does produce cannabinoids on its own, adding new cannabinoids from an external source, like CBD oil, can help promote a healthy endocannabinoid system.